Blessed Virgin Mary & St.Leodegarius
Main Street. Ashby St. Ledgers
- Treble. 1641. Hugh II Watts. (6 cwt.)
- 2nd. 1630. Hugh II Watts. (6¾ cwt.)
- 3rd. 1806. John Briant. (8½ cwt.)
- Tenor. 1630. Hugh II Watts. (Wt. 12 cwt.)
The Earlier Bells.
- Records as at 1552, show 2 bells at Ashby St. Ledgers but prior to this date, three bells existed.
- It appears that the treble bell became cracked & was sold for scrap in order to raise money for the upkeep of the Church, highways & welfare of the poorest villagers.
- The present John Briant 3rd. was a replacement for a bell cast in 1681 by Matthew Bagley.