All Saints' Church
Main St. Cottesbrooke
Benefice:- Part of the Uplands Group of Churches.
P.D.G.C.B.R. Guilsborough Branch.
- Treble. 1995. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (5-2-4).
- 2nd. 1995. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (5-2-17).
- 3rd. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (6-2-5).
- 4th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (6-3-0).
- 5th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (7-3-4).
- 6th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (8-3-22).
- 7th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (11-0-7).
- Tenor. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (Wt.14-0-21).
- Notice for visiting bell ringers :-
To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down control cable located (next to rope spider anchorage) on south wall of tower.
Accessibility to Church.
Wide Churchyard path from roadside, via the east gate, up to south porch entrance , followed by one shallow step down into porch, then level access through Church door to nave.
Alternative route from the west gate involves several steps up from roadside, then inclined path up to south porch.
4th. rope falls close to belfry ladder.
No practice night.
Limited “on-road” car parking outside Church, adjacent to the east gate.
Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church, also, be aware of wide agricultural vehicles using Main Street.
The Earlier Bells.
- Records show that 4 bells existed in 1552.
- The 4 bells were re-cast plus extra metal added in 1702 by Henry II Bagley to give a ring of six.
- Finally, two more were added in 1995 by Whitechapel’s making up the present day ring of eight bells.
Village amenities include ;-
Stately home & gardens.