East Haddon

Loading Map....

Address
St.Mary the Virgin with St. John's Church
Main St. East Haddon
Northants

NN6 8BU
England


Church of St. East Haddon.
Church of St. Mary The Virgin, East Haddon.

Part of  The Spencer Benefice.

Guilsborough Branch.

East Haddon church bells
Dove’s Guide

6 Bells.
  • Treble. 1928. John Taylor & Co. (5-2-5).
  • 2nd.       1621. Hugh II Watts.        (6-3-16).
  • 3rd.        1621. Hugh II Watts.        (7-0-22).
  • 4th.        1621. Hugh II Watts.        (8-2-22).
  • 5th.        1731. Abraham II Rudhall. (10-3-23).
  • Tenor.  1621. Hugh II Watts.     (Wt.15-0-22).

…..Upper  Upper Gallery Floor rope layout plan.
…….west wall & window of tower…….

⇐ EXIT to Spiral stairway
…………………….2nd.…………..3rd.

……..…Treble
……………………………………………….……4th.

…………………..Tenor………….5th.
……………….. ⇓ Looking towards Chancel ⇓ ………………..

Notice for visiting bell ringers:
To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down control cable located on south wall of tower, adjacent to screen.

Observations.

Bellringing practice is on a Wednesday, 6.00pm. to 7.00pm.

Accessibility to Church.
Level, wide path from pavement to south porch with one step down through door into nave.

“On-road” car parking outside Church & surrounding roads.
Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church.
Also, be aware of kerbside double yellow lines in the vicinity of the Church & road junction.

The Earlier Bells.
Upto 1730/1, Five bells were recorded as all cast by Hugh II Watts in 1621.

Village amenities include :-
Public house.
Stately homes at Althorp & Holdenby.

Upcoming Events

  • No events in this location
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    (Spamcheck Enabled)