Loading Map....

Church of St.Etheldreda
Coton Rd. Guilsborough





Church of St. Etheldreda, Guilsborough.
Church of St. Etheldreda, Guilsborough.

According to records, the Church was originally dedicated to St. Wilfred.

Benefice:- Part of the Uplands Group of Churches.

P.D.G.C.B.R. Guilsborough Branch.
Tower Captain for Guilsborough :- Merrick. Tel. 01604-740138.

Dove’s Guide

6 Bells.

All 6 bells cast in 1847 by Charles & George Mears.

  • Treble. (3-2-11).
  • 2nd.       (4-1-21).
  • 3rd.        (4-0-16).
  • 4th.        (5-1-14).
  • 5th.        (6-1-20).
  • Tenor.  (Wt. 8-1-24).

Ground Floor Ringing area.

Practice Night is on a Monday, 7.45pm. to 9.00pm.
Usually in 3 x 10 week blocks.
Please contact the Tower Captain for timings throughout the year.

Toilet Facilities.

Accessibility to Church.
Short, level & wide path from pavement leading to one shallow step up into south porch. 

“On-road” car parking outside Church.
Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church.
Limited public car parking in lay-by, situated in Teeton Road, opposite Church entrance.

The Earlier Bells.

Up to 1847, it is recorded there were 4 bells.
1) 1618. Hugh II Watts.
2) 1593. ?
3) 1707. Henry Penn of Peterborough.
4) 1675. Tobias III Norris.
In 1847, all 4 bells were re-cast & 2 more added by C & G Mears. to give the present ring of 6 bells.

Village & nearby amenities include :-
Public house.
Gardens & plants at Coton.

Upcoming Events

  • No events in this location
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    (Spamcheck Enabled)