Marston Trussell

Loading Map....

Address
St. Nicholas' Church
Main Street, Marston Trussell
(Northamptonshire)

LE16 9TY
England


The Church of St. Nicholas, Marston Trussell.
The Church of St. Nicholas, Marston Trussell.

Northamptonshire county border village , the river Welland  forms a boundary with Leicestershire.

Local records indicate that upto the early 16th. century, the church had a small spire but this was removed & the upper portion of the tower rebuilt to a very noticeable height of 71 feet as per what we see today.

To the right of the car parking area is an information panel regarding an English Civil War encounter in the aftermath of the battle at Naseby 1645.

Benefice:- Marston Trussell, Sibbertoft & Welford.

P.D.G.C.B.R. Guilsborough Branch.

Dove’s Guide

6 Bells.

Treble. 2012. Eijsbouts of Holland.     (3-0-27).
2nd.       1621. Hugh II Watts.
3rd.        1622. Hugh II Watts.
4th.        1612. Hugh I Watts.
5th.        1622. Hugh II Watts.
Tenor.  1959.John Taylor & Co. (Wt.10-0-14).

Ground Floor rope layout plan.

…West wall & window of tower…

3rd             4th
2nd                                                            .
.                                                                5th
Treble                                                         .
Tenor

…⇓…Open access to nave…⇓…

(Two steps up from nave to ringing area)

Treble sally colours : blue / gold.

Rope guides.

 

  • Notice for visiting bell ringers :-
    To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down  control cable located on  north wall of tower.
  • Currently, no practices.
  • No toilet facilities.

Accessibility to Church.
1) Level access path to the north porch  from  car park & road.
 One step down to porch, then four steps down into the nave via north door.
2) Level but grassy path leading down to south door, followed by one step up into nave.

A new treble bell, cast by Eijsbouts, (with headstock & extra frame engineered by Taylors, in order to compliment their existing framework), was added to make a ring of six in December 2013 & installed by local volunteers & bellringers.

Limited “off road” car parking adjacent to Church gates.

The Earlier Tenor Bell.
Hugh II Watts cast a tenor bell in 1623, it became cracked & was subsequently re-cast in 1959 by John Taylor & Co.

Upcoming Events

  • No events in this location
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    (Spamcheck Enabled)