North Kilworth (L.D.G.)

Loading Map....

Address
Church of St Andrew
Church St. North Kilworth
Leics.

LE17 6HA
England


 

Church of St. Andrew, North Kilworth.
Church of St. Andrew, North Kilworth.                                                                                 Photograph taken from Dag Lane.

The Church appears to have been previously dedicated to St. Clement.
Ref:- The Church Bells of Leicestershire, by T. North.

North Kilworth forms part of the Avon Swift Group of Churches.

Dove’s Guide
Leicester Diocesan Guild, Market Harborough District.
Tower Captain for North Kilworth :-
Geoff, Tel. 01858-880066.

5 Bells.
  • Treble.  1764. Joseph Eayre of Kettering. (5-3-25).
  • 2nd.        1764. Joseph Eayre of Kettering. (6-3-3).
  • 3rd.         1641. Hugh II Watts.          (6-2-3).
  • 4th.         1853. John Taylor & Son. (6-0-6).
  • Tenor. c1600. “Watts”.             ( Wt. 9-1-5).

Access is via wooden steps to Upper Ringing Floor area.
..Upper floor rope layout plan.
…west wall & window of tower…
………Treble……………………….2nd.
⇓steps.
……………………………………………3rd.

…………Tenor………………4th.
……….↓gallery rail & nave↓………..
Treble at top of steps, tenor rope is identified by dark blue sally.

Notice for visiting bell ringers :-
To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull  & hook down  control cable located on south wall of tower.

Accessibility to Church.
Reasonably level paths from  either Church Street or Dag Lane, to north door.

Observations.
A very nice 5, access is up a short stair/ladder.
Interestingly the 4th is lighter than the 2nd and 3rd.

No practice night.

Service Ringing on 3rd.Sunday, 9.00am. to 9.30am.

The Earlier Bells.
No changes since the 4th. was cast in 1853.

Village amenities include :- 
Petrol & diesel fuel.
Public house.

Upcoming Events

  • No events in this location
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    (Spamcheck Enabled)