Church of St.Peter & Paul
Old Road, Scaldwell
Benefice:- Walgrave, Old & Scaldwell.
- P.D.G.C.B.R. Guilsborough Branch.
- Treble. 1961. John Taylor & Co. (4-3-14).
- 2nd. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (5-2-26).
- 3rd. 1682. Henry II Bagley. (6-2-20).
- 4th. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (7-1-9).
- Tenor. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (Wt.10-0-2).
- To disable clock hammer, pull & hook down control cable located on north wall of tower in ringing chamber.
.Ground floor rope layout plan.
…………west wall of tower…………
…..↓ nave & door↓…..
One step up to ringing area from nave.
<<< EXIT <<< south door <<<
Ringing Practices :
2nd. & 4th. Wednesday, 7.00pm. to 8.30pm.
For simulator enquiries, please contact Elaine Greatrex, mobile : 07726 796 503
- Accessibility to Church.
Very short lane from main road up to Church gate, 3 steps up through gateway, short gravel path & then one shallow step up to south porch, followed by 3 steps down from door, into nave.
- Toilet Facilities.
- Limited “On-road” car parking on minor roads, adjacent to Church.
Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church. Please refrain from parking on grass verges by Church.
The Earlier bells.
Records show there were 4 bells in 1878.They still represent today’s 2nd.3rd.4th. & Tenor bells.
Village amenities include :-
Scaldwell village club. Website link.