St. Mary's Church
Church Lane, off Main St. Willoughby Waterleys
The village was formerly known as Willoughby Waterless.
- Treble. 1911. John Taylor & Co.
- 2nd. 1907. John Taylor & Co.
- 3rd. 1730. Thomas I Eayre.
- 4th. 1907. John Taylor & Co.
- Tenor. 1632. Hugh II Watts. (Wt.6-1-24).
Practice Night Re-established : Most Mondays, resuming January 2015.
7.30pm. to 8.30pm.
( Practice night was previously on a Friday).
The Earlier Bells.
It is recorded in 1878 there were 4 bells:-
- Treble. 1818. Unknown Founder.(replaced 1907)
- 2nd. 1730. Thomas I Eayre. (Modern 3rd.)
- 3rd. c15th. / early16th.century? Unknown founder. “Sancte lavrenci ora pro nobis” (replaced 1907).
- Tenor. 1632. Hugh II Watts. (Modern Tenor).
It is possible the previous 2nd.may have been cast by one of the Watts family.