Yelvertoft bells & village website, informative reading.
The original 5 bells were all cast by Hugh Watts (the second) of Leicester in 1635. The bellfounder was operating from 1614/5 to c1642 with at least 316 castings to his credit.
In 1989 a new treble bell was added, cast by Eijsbouts of Holland.
Ringing now takes place at an upper floor level, the floor being built around the old, original ground floor wooden access ladder to the clock room & bells.
The ground floor area was enhanced with the addition of toilet facilities & a choir vestry.
A further area, adjacent to the south aisle, is now an enclosed meeting room with kitchen preparation facilities.
Restoration works to the masonry of the tower were finally completed in 2013.